Fishy, or The Fishy is a character owned by Neon Deity Games and is an unlockable fighter. Fishy appears in the game Shütshimi.
Trophy Quote Edit
"Fishy is a muscle-bound fishy cursed with an incredibly short attention span. Armed with a bullet-morphing shotgun and an affinity for randomized power-ups, the task of defending the seven seas is an interesting one..or it would be if Fishy could remember." ― Fishy's Trophy Description
"After pounding through the scourge of the deep seas, Fishy found a magic red cape. In Indie Pogo, Fishy's cape is granted after launching out of the Fishbowl Cannon. It temporarily changes the properties of the neutral shotgun and the downward punch." ― Super Fishy's Trophy Description.
Character Origin Edit
The Fishy is an orange fish with muscled arms. Equipped with a shotgun, Fishy fights underwater enemies in Waves of 10 seconds, which is the duration of their attention span. Fishy also happens to be a fish.
Fishy is one of the heaviest characters in the game, and as such, is usually slow and easy to hit. However, their kit hits hard, and they do have great initiation/escape options in the form of their midair jump and Fishbowl Cannon. Because of Fishy's Megaton weight class, their pogo attacks deal 4 damage rather than 3.
Side Melee : Fishy fires a cone-shaped blast from their shotgun. Deals 4 damage. Fishy can also use this move to bounce out of an arc from Fishbowl Cannon.
Up Melee : Fishy performs a front flip, hitting with the tip of their tailfin. Deals 6 damage.
Down Melee : Fishy performs a hard-hitting downward punch. This move deals 9 damage normally, and 11 damage if Fishy is caped.
Neutral Special | Cannonball Shot : Fishy fires an arcing cannonball from their gun, dealing 5 damage. This projectile bounces on any surface it touches once. Afterwards, it will disappear.
Up Special | Deepsea Ascent : Fishy swims upwards a short distance. Fishy be controlled to the left and right during the ascent. This move can also be cancelled by any other move.
Down Special | Friendship Tether : Fishy launches a box downwards. If it lands on an opponent, they will take 4 damage and become tethered to Fishy. Pressing Down Special again breaks the tether, launching the victim towards Fishy at a set knockback.
Grounded Charge | Pump Up : Fishy stretches their muscles. When the move is completely charged, Fishy spawns a Fishlet surrounding them. Fishy can have up to 4 Fishlets around them. Each Fishlet will deal 2 damage and disappear when entering in contact with an opponent. Additionally, Fishy can interrupt their charge with a quick overhead punch, dealing 6-9 damage depending on charge time.
SUPER | Shütshimi : Fishy goes full throttle, gaining the ability to swim around freely and fire rapid shots from their gun. Pressing the Special button allows Fishy to fire arcing spikeballs. Each bullet deals 1 damage, while each spikeball deals 6 damage.
Alternate Skin Edit
Based off Orange's palette in Shütshimi (Base Skin).
Based off Blue's palette in Shütshimi.
Based off Green's palette in Shütshimi.
Based off Red's palette in Shütshimi, except their spiky bracelet is missing.
Based off Purple's palette in Shütshimi.
"Insert your strategy here" ― Insert your username here
Update History Edit
- Dive Punch can now be used multiple times per jump.
- Caped Dive Punch damage increased from 10 to 12.
- Midair Jump
- Side Melee
- Down Melee
- Neutral Special | Cannonball Shot
- Side Special | Fishbowl Cannon
- Up Special | Deepsea Ascent
- Down Special | Friendship Tether
- SUPER | Shütshimi
- Fishy was the 7th character added in Indie Pogo.
- Fishy is never seen using their fists to punch nor to jump in the original game.
- Fishy also happens to be a genderless fish.
- Commander Video can be seen in the crowd during Fishy's Original Super.
- Fishy is the only character to spawn bubbles during movement. All other characters only feature bubbles when on Fishy's home stage: Bouncy Castle.
- Despite the character's death animation being derived from his/her respective game, the death animation is actually used for boss characters within Shütshimi when they are defeated, and not for the Fishy itself, though this may have been done on account of the fact that Fishy was never given a proper death animation in its respective game, however.
- Fishy is the only character whose cameo sprite was revised for the Kickstarter
|Current Characters||Blockman • Bullet Kin • CommanderVideo • Diogenes • Fishy • Jack • Lilac • Orcane • Penelope • Shovel Knight • Stardrop • Teslakid • Velocispider • Viridian • Welltaro • Zorbié|
|Upcoming Characters||Kick • Octodad • Dust • Gunvolt • Voltar|