Kick is a character owned by Iron Galaxy and is one of the 7 fighters unlocked from the start. He comes from the game Divekick.
Character Origin Edit
Kick comes from a game called Divekick. It is a comedic parody of various 2D competitive fighting games. The game itself is played using only two buttons, Dive and Kick.
"In West Philedelphia, born and raised, on the playground is where he spent most of his days. Chillin' out maxin' relaxing all cool, and shooting some basketball outside of the school. When a couple of guys who were up to no good, started making trouble in the neighborhood. After getting into a fight Kick's mom sent him and Dive off to their Uncle Sensei where they began training in the art of DiveKicking. His goal is to become so famous that all girls will swoon over him." ― Kick's Trophy Description
"Dive is Kick's fraternal twin brother. Despite growing up in the same environment, Dive has naturally been more interested in academics than in attention. He uses his intense geometric knowledge to calculate the perfect angles to master the aerial martial art, known as "Dive Kick". He plans to show that he is the superior twin living under his Uncle Sensei's dojo roof." ― Dive's Trophy Description
Side Melee: Kick swings a microphone forward, dealing 3 damage.
Up Melee: Kick calls a hot babe using his phone, with the antenna dealing 3 damage.
Down Melee: Kick performs a wide kick below him, dealing 5 damage.
Neutral Special | Basketball Toss: Kick throws a basketball. This ball will bounce around on stage for a short while. Deals 3 damage on the first hit, decreasing in damage for each consecutive hit. The ball can be knocked about using Kick's melee attacks. He can also hold the ball when special is held, so he can actually slam dunk it into the basketball hoop. This deals 6 damage instead and cause the ball to spike.
Side Special | Parabolic Arc: Kick thrusts himself forward. While this deals no damage, it can still knock opponents. If a Divekick is performed mid-move Kick will then use New Angle, which is like a normal Divekick but faster and almost directly downward.
Up Special | Dunk On It: Kick will attempt to slam dunk into a basketball hoop. He will be pulled upwards towards the hoop, but he still has sideways control over his movement so a slam dunk is not guaranteed. During the jump, Kick can collide with an opponent to roll them up like a ball dealing 2 damage. If Kick then proceeds to dunk the "ball" into the hoop, they will take 3 damage.
Down Special | Divekick: Kick performs his signature Divekick, speeding down at an angle with his foot out. This deals 5 damage, unless the opponent is hit square on the head for a Headshot. This will deal 6 damage and not restore their specials.
Grounded Charge | Party Starter: Kick slams the ground with his foot. This will cause a small quake on the entire platform he slammed, unless fully charged where it will cover all platforms on the stage. This deals 2 damage.
SUPER | Fraud Detection: All opponents will be marked with the Fraud Detection warning. If they are hit using Kick's Divekick during this period they will be instantly killed. The Fraud Detection must be hit in a short period of time or it will run out. Opponents can also escape Fraud Detection by hitting Kick.
Update History Edit
- Kick is one of two characters to have English voice acting in-game, the other being Lilac. He is voiced by Zaid Tabani.
- Kick didn't win the first character poll, but he was added because there was a very small difference in votes between him and Bullet Kin.
- Kick was originally intended to be released as part of the Heavy Metal update, alongside Bullet Kin and Diogenes. However due to complications with developing both of those characters, Kick had to be postponed to save time.
- This makes him the 18th fighter added to the overall roster, as Yolk's finalised gameplay was teased first.
- In the teaser for the second Indie Pogo special broadcast, alongside showcasing the previously mentioned moves, Kick's parkour roll, rolling leap, and neutral special can be seen as well as what appears to be his taunt sprite.
- In Kick's Moveset Breakdown, Trevor notes that Kick's down melee is named "Flipturn". This is a reference to the lyrics in the intro of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air".
- Kick's entire trophy description is a word for word recital of the aforementioned intro.
|Current Characters||Blockman • Bullet Kin • CommanderVideo • Diogenes • Fishy • Jack • Kick • Lilac • Orcane • Penelope • Shovel Knight • Stardrop • Teslakid • Velocispider • Viridian • Welltaro • Yolk • Zorbié|
|Upcoming Characters||Octodad • Dust • Gunvolt • Voltar|