Polar Dimension is a unlockable stage in Indie Pogo. It comes from VVVVVV, made by Terry Cavanagh.
Stage Origin Edit
Developed by Terry Cavanagh, VVVVVV is a 2d platformer indie game, featuring Viridian. In this game, Viridian must find his scattered crew members after a “dimensional interference”. Instead of jumping in the game, Viridian can reverse the direction of gravity when on a surface.
The upper part of the stage comes from a section in VVVVVV.
Stage layout Edit
Polar Dimension consists of a main platform, with 2 platforms floating above it, and one more platform to the right, sometimes just under the camera.
Stage hazards Edit
There is a ceiling above the main platform, stretching to the right and featuring spikes that deals 12 damage and usually bounces fighters straight to the bottom of the stage, where they get knocked out.
- Due to its low ceiling and more confined layout, Polar Dimension was one of the least popular stages among the competitive side.
- It was later fixed in Patch 126.96.36.199 where the ceiling was removed when hazards are off.
- Polar Dimension technicaly has two icons, as the shop icon reuses the monitor featured on the stage floor (not the VVVVVV icon used at the stage select).
- The stage is viewed from a 2.5 dimensional perspective, but it is completely flat in the original game.
- As of Patch 188.8.131.52, the stage was made to be visible from the start.
|Current Stages||Afterlife Hub • Bouncy Castle • Block World • Canabalt Skyline • Dragon Valley • INK • Flappy Pipeyard • Retro Zone • Runbow Volcano • Sovereign Deck • Space Junction • Phantom King's Mansion • Well Caverns|
|Upcoming Stages||Sorona • NecroDancer stage • Nitrome stage|