Polar Dimension is a starter stage in Indie Pogo. It comes from VVVVVV, made by Terry Cavanagh.
Stage Origin[edit | edit source]
Developed by Terry Cavanagh, VVVVVV is a 2d platformer indie game, featuring Viridian. In this game, Viridian must find his scattered crew members after a “dimensional interference”. Instead of jumping in the game, Viridian can reverse the direction of gravity when on a surface.
The upper part of the stage comes from a section in VVVVVV.
Summary[edit | edit source]
|A main platform, with 2 platforms floating above it, and one more platform to the right, sometimes just under the camera. Attached layout shows the stage's hazardless form.|
|A layout similar to Battlefield from the Super Smash Bros. series. It contains one stage in the middle, and three platforms floating above it, with the middle platform being higher than the other two. Variant 2 can also be seen in Infinite Pogo.|
Hazards[edit | edit source]
There is a ceiling above the main platform, stretching to the right and featuring spikes that deals 12 damage and usually bounces fighters straight to the bottom of the stage, where they get knocked out.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Due to its low ceiling and more confined layout, Polar Dimension was one of the least popular stages among the competitive side.
- It was later fixed in Patch 220.127.116.11 where the ceiling was removed when hazards are off.
- Polar Dimension technicaly has two icons, as the shop icon reuses the monitor featured on the stage floor (not the VVVVVV icon used at the stage select).
- The stage is viewed from a 2.5 dimensional perspective, but it is completely flat in the original game.
- As of Patch 18.104.22.168, the stage was made to be visible from the start.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
|Current Stages||Afterlife Hub • Block World • Bouncy Castle • Canabalt Skyline • Dragon Valley • Flappy Pipeyard • INK • Phantom King's Mansion • Polar Dimension • Retro Zone • Runbow Volcano • Sovereign Deck • Space Junction • Well Caverns|
|Upcoming Stages||Sorona • NecroDancer stage|