Viridian is a character owned by Terry Cavanagh and is an unlockable fighter. They appear in the game VVVVVV.
Trophy Quote Edit
"Viridian is the captain of the D.S.S. Souleye. When his ship fell victim to the VVVVVV dimension and his crew teleported away, it became his mission to rescue them all and forge a way home. His hallmark ability to flip his own gravity was crucial on this perilous journey." ― Viridian's Trophy Description.
"Captain Viridian managed to find 20 trinkets strewn around Dimension VVVVVV while searching for his crew. Once he gave them all to Victoria, the ship's researcher, she was able to discover a Secret Laboratory! Strangely, trinkets also play songs in the ship's jukebox." ― Shiny Trinket's Trophy Description.
Character Origin Edit
Captain Viridian is a Villi and pilots the D.S.S. Souleye. The game they represent is VVVVVV. In the game they originates from, their most prominent ability is flipping gravity, which helps them traverse the landscape known as Dimension VVVVVV.
Viridian is a lightweight character in Indie Pogo. Instead of a double jump, this character can hold the jump button to invert gravity. Their down attack is a powerful spike that becomes a screen reaching projectile.
Side Melee : Viridian spawns the word "LIES" in front of them. Deals 4 damage.
Up Melee : Viridian spawns the word "TRUTH" above them. Deals 4 damage.
Down Melee : Viridian spawns the word "OBEY" below them. Deals 4 damage.
Neutral/Side Special | Orbit : Viridian spins several times, dealing 1 damage per hit. This move can be preformed while reversing gravity. If Viridian touches the ground when still performing this move, their landing lag will be increased. If one is used after the other in the same jump, it will have a shorter duration and deal double the damage.
Up Special | Warp : Viridian spawns a Warp portal and teleports through it. Other players can be launched through it upon contact. Opponents take 1 damage and are knocked back when travelling through the portal.
Down Special | VVV : Viridian does a powerful red "VVV" stomp below themselves, dealing 5 damage and launching them downwards. The VVV projectiles then turn blue, and slowly drift down until they come into contact with a player or surface. Each blue V projectile deals 2 damage.
Grounded Charge | Enemy : Viridian summons a small flashing crosshair, that moves up above them slightly, then moves back downwards back towards them. The crosshair deals 2 damage. The longer this move is charged, the higher the crosshair will go above Viridian. After the charge is released, Viridian can move and attack as normal while the target moves, making it a great combo tool.
SUPER | Extra Gravity : Viridian unleashes a huge shockwave, dealing 3 damage and applying a Grounded debuff on hit, forcing enemies to the ground for a short time.
Alternate Skins Edit
As Viridian's design is single-colored, their alternate skins changetheir coloration to that of their fellow crew members from the D.S.S. Souleye.
Based off Captain Viridian's appearance in VVVVVV (Base Skin).
Based off Professor Vitellary, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Doctor Violet, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Officer Vermilion, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Doctor Victoria, another character in VVVVVV.
Based off Chief Verdigris, another character in VVVVVV.
Strategy (Needs Updating) Edit
- Viridian can use any aerial move out of a roll jump to keep their momentum going while performing the attack.
- The Up Aerial seem to be refreshed when used very close to the ground. It allows for grounded anti-air attacks without even touching the ground
- Their SUPER can be used to spike enemies into the bottom blast zone when they are above a pit.
- Viridian can use their Neutral Aerial while going upwards. This can be used to put enemies in a vulnerable position or even send them directly to the blast zone.
- "Viridian's Down Aerial does more damage and knocks enemies if used when the VVV is still red, making it a good move to send an enemy to the blast zone." -Bit750
"Insert your strategy here" ― Insert your username here
Update History Edit
- Midair Jump
- Up Melee
- Neutral/Side Special | Orbit
- Up Special | Warp
- Down Special | VVV
- Up Special | Warp
- Viridian was implemented before CommanderVideo, but joined the roster afterward as the 9th playable character.
- Viridian is the most expensive character to unlock, tied to their complexity. As an opposite - and almost an irony to the difficulty of VVVVVV - their shop-only skins are the easiest to get, costing 25 coins each.
- Viridian stays true to their appearance in VVVVVV: pixelated, simple, and without any detail. This isn't the case of other fighters like Welltaro.
- Viridian is labeled as male throughout their trophy quote, and while dialogue throughout VVVVVV would suggest this to be the case their gender is actually unknown. As Terry Cavanagh has gone on record to say he deliberately made it ambiguous, this is a heavily debated topic among the game's community.
- Viridian is the second oldest Indie character in Indie Pogo (with CommanderVideo as the first), making his debut on January 11, 2010.
- ↑ https://thelettervsixtim.es/
- ↑ https://spacestation.wikia.com/wiki/Viridian
- ↑ https://twitter.com/LoweBros/status/1017865753633140736
- ↑ https://vvvvvv.wikia.com/wiki/Viridian
|Current Characters||Blockman • Bullet Kin • CommanderVideo • Diogenes • Fishy • Jack • Lilac • Orcane • Penelope • Shovel Knight • Stardrop • Teslakid • Velocispider • Viridian • Welltaro • Zorbié|
|Upcoming Characters||Kick • Octodad • Dust • Gunvolt • Voltar|